Author Topic: dmt as a paranormal tool  (Read 11902 times)

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • www.skinwalkerranch.org
dmt as a paranormal tool
« on: May 02, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »
I bought a book a while ago about the drug DMT and its unique properties for eliciting out of body experiences and "alien" interactions with the subject using it.  I was curious if anyone had any opinion on this drugs potential as a doorway to the other side or even as a investigative tool.  Or is this just a common hallusination drug where the only paranormal gateway opened is in your own ego driven mind?

abovetopsecret had an interesting discussion on this.  

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread196120/pg1

My curiosity is what would happen if the user rather than sitting at home, but on an investigation where to use this to peer into the other side...

In a 1988 study conducted at UNM, psychiatrist Rick Strassman found that approximately 20% of volunteers injected with high doses of DMT had experiences identical to purported alien abductions.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
Re: dmt as a paranormal tool
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Supernatural-Meetings-Ancient-Teachers-Mankind/dp/1932857400

could possibly be the book i've been looking for

Hancock then further links the shamans of the stone age to the abductees of today by brining in theories advanced by Jacques Vallee in his book Passport to Mangonia. Vallee compared the fairy lore of medieval times with UFO data and found similarities there as well, with more abductions to unearthly realms, time distortions, encounters with superhuman "others," and, of course, "reproductive contact."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:42:08 PM by skinwalker »

Offline monkey

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:34:43 PM »

I heard about DMT years ago and after reading your post, I did some research.

It sounds like it could be the key to everything.

Just do a search on youtube.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 02:30:20 AM »
totally once you really read into this you wonder if it could be a gateway key to everything.  What is fascinating is that the indiginous tribes who discovered DMT shocked modern chemists who said such a combination of chemicals would only be possible using modern chemistry techniques.  In other words they have absolutely no clue who taught these early tribes how to utilize some a complex mixture as DMT in comparison to all other know drugs.  The only "intervention" with this drug is from higher up! 

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 03:22:12 AM »
here is a very interesting discussion on the topic

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81046
One thing I’ve noticed in the past few years is that because of chemicals in our atmosphere, EL Frequencies, other causes or a combination thereof, we have had changes in the seratonin levels of many people. Other physical conditions that are more prevalent nowadays is known to be caused by a lack of another chemical in the brain. Well, there has been some speculation that because of various factors, there has been an increase in the hallucinogen DMT within the brain, and this increase has been causing hallucinations of experiences with alien beings; DMT is made naturally in the brain

what i particularly like is how they mention dispersing DMT in the air thus causing alien encounter hallusinations.  I wonder if there is any tie with this and what people see at skinwalker?  I know in the book Colm mentions hallusinations as a possible explination.  If you really research this chemical one will quickly realize "hallusination" may not be the proper word for what the user is experiencing (truely an alternate reality, while remaining fully conscious!)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:30:16 AM by skinwalker »

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 03:24:11 AM »
it honestly shocks me how everytime i try my hardest to get off topic from skinwalker i find out that the direct tie between my topic and the ranch has already been made.  I didnt realize or simply forgot that DMT and skinwalker ranch were both discussed in the Hunt for the Skinwalker.  

The following is an excerpt from Chapter 30 of the book “Hunt for the Skinwalker” by Colm Kelleher, Ph.D., and George Knapp

Psychiatrist Rick Strassman has done experiments with DMT and monitored its effects on humans. In one of the few scientific studies of its kind, Strassman studied the effects of injecting DMT into sixty volunteers at the University of New Mexico between 1990 and 1995. Strassman was startled to discover that a large number of his subjects experienced meetings with “alien bengs” and nonhuman intelligences following injections of DMT. The details of these meetings were remarkable consistent among the subjects, though none of these experimental volunteers were allowed to compare notes prior to being interviewed.

To Strassman, the almost identical “hallucinations” experienced by different subjects in their encounters with the “aliens” seem to imply that the subjects experienced some kind of objective reality as a result of the DMT injections. He hypothesized that perhaps DMT was able to open a perceptual doorway into other “dimensions” where the human mind could meet and communicate with the denizens of these realities. In strassman’s words. He stated “I suggest DMT alters the receiving qualities of the brain, an employ a television analogy. Personal healing occurs by an enhancement of ‘contrast and focus’; invisible worlds and entity contact takes place by changing reception of ‘channels’ to include dark matter and parallel universes.”

Strassman speculates that perhaps, under certain circumstances, in certain states, the human brain might increase its levels of endogenous DMT and so make it easier for the “alien abduction” experience to take place. Or could an external agency manipulate the DMT levels in the human brain in order to make journeys to other worlds possible, or alternatively, such that the denizens of other worlds could cross over into ours?[as I mentioned above(in some cases)] Shamans, who apparently have the ability to cross over into other worlds at will, also report having DMT-like experiencesp
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:26:19 AM by skinwalker »

Offline monkey

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 10:14:37 PM »

I would be surprised if anybody could find some.
 Gota be hard to get.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 01:07:46 AM »

I would be surprised if anybody could find some.
 Gota be hard to get.

the ingredients can be purchased on ebay and there are plenty of online extraction guides.... just sayn  ;).  ingredients are legal to purchase and own, the exctraction process however is illegal.

Offline TwoCrows

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 03:34:15 AM »
There's also been a bit of research linking UFOs and LSD.  Maybe you're tuned in Skinwalker, this article just went up:

http://beta.ufodigest.com/index.php/ufosightings/59-the-secret-connection-between-ufos-and-lsd.html

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 04:40:56 AM »
great article, this is very similiar to what i am currently reading, thanks

Offline lespaul

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 05:38:06 PM »
DMT is pretty wiiiillllld. I have tried it once years ago. It will take you deeeeeeeeeep. Maybe too deep.

We smoked it on top of a little bit of weed. Literally as I exhaled it came on. The amount we did lasted about 1.5 and then it was completely gone.

Almost a mushroom type of intensity, with visuals all within about an hour with no side effects really. I'm sure I sound like a drug addict. I'm not but I've experimented in my life.

It was like nothing I have ever done before. I might do it again if the right occasion came up again. I did with my bandmate and his neighbor who was a botanist at Texas Tech. The botany guy knew all about

the stuff. I had heard of it but, never had I seen it until then. I have yet to come across it again. Wild stuff kids!

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 06:01:18 PM »
can you describe your experience and its potential as a gateway to "the other side"?  No judgements here.

Offline lespaul

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »
 It truly was kinda like some of Alex Grey's paintings. Fractal stuff even when you closed your eyes. It made me see all sorts of shadows that crawled all over the room. Colors that were so so vivid. Too vivid at times. Almost like some 70's paisley tie. The thing that got me was the auditory stuff. It was as like I could hear everything around in 3-d audio visual. Sounds crazy I know. I have tried other hallucinogens in my life but, this was the most powerful. With no real after effects like other hallucinogens. It's almost like the trippy switch goes off after about an hour and then you are normal. The hardcore visual stuff stayed going for almost 30 min though.  :o

I can see how ancient people used it to come closer to the "gods" or see them. It is a very powerful substance. I can't imagine taking that shit in or on some know para phenomena site. That might be way too much. You might see stuff that is really there and you might not. It seems like the power of suggestion combined with using a substance such as DMT would almost make you see something at a site that is known to have activity. Whether it is truly there in any dimension or form would be pure speculation. I was glad we were in a familiar space and away from any public. I trusted the guy that had it. He had his masters in botany and was teaching. He had done it several times and assured us of the safety of it all. If anyone does do it, make sure you know the source somewhat. Don't just go messing around with it and be somewhere safe when you do smoke it.

Offline lespaul

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 04:54:09 AM »
I talked to my bandmate tonight and he said the visuals lasted about 20 min for us and it was worn off in about 45 min. My reference of time was a little off.

Just sharing my experiences and don't want to sound like a loser.

Offline skinwalker

• Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 03:37:48 AM »
Interdimensional hypothesis (IDH or IH — also called the extradimensional hypothesis or EDH) is a theory advanced by Jacques Vallée that unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and related events involve visitations from other "realities" or "dimensions" coexisting separately alongside our own. It is an alternative to the extraterrestrial hypothesis (ETH).[1][2][3][4]

IDH also holds that UFOs are a modern manifestation of a phenomenon that has occurred throughout recorded human history, which in prior ages were ascribed to mythological or supernatural creatures.[2]

IDH is considered a belief system rather than a scientific hypothesis because it is not falsifiable through testing and experiment. Unlike ETH, it is not possible to verify IDH by experiment or by observation because there is no way to detect the alternative theories it postulates. IDH is evaluated by UFOlogists solely on the basis of how well it fits.[1]

Although ETH has remained the predominant explanation for UFOs by UFOlogists[5], some ufologists have abandoned it in favor of IDH. Paranormal researcher Brad Steiger wrote that "we are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon that is largely indigenous to planet Earth".[6] Other UFOlogists, such as John Ankerberg and John Weldon, advocate IDH because is fits the explanation of UFOs as a spiritistic phenomenon. Commenting on the disparity between the ETH and the accounts that people have made of UFO encounters, Ankerberg and Weldon wrote "the UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors."[7][1]

The development of IDH as an alternative to ETH increased in the 1970s and 1980s with the publication of books by Vallée and J. Allen Hynek. In 1979, Vallée and Hynek advocated the hypothesis in The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects and further, in Vallée's 1980 book Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults. [8]

Some UFO proponents accepted IDH because nobody had demonstrated an anti-gravity or speed-of-light travel hypothesis that could explain extraterrestrial machines.[citation needed] With IDH, it is unnecessary to explain any propulsion method because the IDH holds that UFOs are not spacecraft, but rather devices that travel between different realities.[9]

One advantage of IDH proffered by Hilary Evans is its ability to explain the apparent ability of UFOs to appear and disappear from sight and radar; this is explained as the UFO entering and leaving our dimension ("materializing" and "dematerializing"). Moreover, Evans argues that if the other dimension is slightly more advanced than ours, or is our own future, this would explain the UFOs' tendency to represent near future technologies (airships in the 1890s, rockets and supersonic travel in the 1940s, etc)[10]

IDH has been a causative factor in establishing UFO religion.[1]